September 25th is Math Storytelling Day -- my favorite math holiday of all! Since the holiday will be celebrated over the weekend, I thought it was fitting to mention it today on the blog.
Why is this my favorite math holiday? Well, I consider myself more of a “words” than a “numbers” person and I think today is a celebration of the intermingling of both writing and math.
At Minitab, there are several people whose careers involve both writing and statistics (ahem… Minitab bloggers!).
To celebrate further, I want to recognize not only Minitab bloggers, but the success stories we tell about our customers, and the vast array of help resources our technical writers provide for Minitab users.
- If you’re interested in the stories behind how companies like Ford, Bobcat, Betfair, and Smith & Nephew have used Minitab to improve quality, check out our Case Studies and Testimonials page.
- Check out our Accessing the Power of Minitab tutorials if you’d like to brush up on your Minitab skills.
- Visit the Minitab Articles section of our website to deepen your understanding of quality improvement and how to analyze data with Minitab. I recommend reading this entertaining account of how one customer used Minitab to win his day in court and save himself $5,000. If you’re in the mood for something sweeter, read this article.
- Interested in getting started with Minitab or Quality Companion? Read Meet Minitab and Quality Companion – Getting Started, courtesy of Minitab technical writers.
- And last but not least, read the latest blog posts from some of Minitab’s best storytelling bloggers: Jim, Greg, Andy, Patrick, Cody, Redoune, Karen, Kevin, and Eston.
I hope you all have a great Math Storytelling Day and take a minute to either write your own math or statistics story or read one of Minitab's.
Do you have a math story to share? How did you get involved in statistics?